Shogo YAMASHITA (山下 聖悟)
|Research engineer at Exawizards. PhD (学際情報学 Applied computer science)
I like exploring the world and capturing the moments into pictures.
His research interests are in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), most specifically in human augmentation. A field of human-computer interaction which aims to bring an expansion, and replenishment to human capabilities with the aid of technological methods and processes.
His area of specialty is technologically augmented sports, especially water sports. Being an innovative person, he is constantly working on bringing something new to his field. He is currently on research about wide-filed and harmless fluid measurement technology for swimming. This is a technology born out of creativity, which is proposed to assist swimmers and make them able to contribute towards creating a more efficient and effective swimming form.
Due to his uniqueness, research achievement, and excellent analytical skills, it was easier for various organizations to trust in his abilities. This helped him in getting grants without stress. He got the JST Basic Research Program ACT-I Acceleration Phase Grant for his research on Developing a 3D Water Flow Measurement Technology for Swimming Pools and Research Fellowship for Young Scientists DC2 Grant.
Shogo Yamashita got his Ph.D. degree from Jun Rekimoto’s laboratory at the University of Tokyo. He was a student with remarkable studying and researching capacity. He studied and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in the National College of Technology at Kagawa College. He obtained a master’s degree in interdisciplinary information studies from the University of Tokyo, where he got the University of Tokyo’s President’s award for a student. Just before enrolling for his doctorate in interdisciplinary information studies in the University of Tokyo which will be completed in 2020, he got the III/GSII Dean’s award which is an award for the best student of the graduate school of interdisciplinary information studies.
- 2017 Apr – 2020 Mar Doctor of Interdisciplinary Information Studies, The University of Tokyo
- 2014 Apr – 2017 Mar Master of Interdisciplinary Information Studies, The University of Tokyo (One year of absence in 2016 for an overseas internship, and language study)
- 2010 Apr – 2014 Mar Bachelor of Engineering, National Collage of Technology, Kagawa College
- Programing Language: Processing (JAVA), C++, Python
- Operating System: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Frameworks: Visual Studio, Xcode, Eclipse, Arduino, Simulink, OpenGL, OpenCV, openFrameworks, WordPress
He was the chief developer at Exploratory IT Human Resources Project, where he carried out the responsibility of developing framework and sensors to visualize radiation and electricity and obtained the grant money. He was also the project manager and software developer with high integrity. Aside from this, he has worked in other IT firms such as Cebu Pot. His excellent research ability made it easy for him to offer quality services as a researcher while he was actively working with Rakuten Institute of Technology. He has also worked as an engineer at Siemens Industry Software N.V in Belgium where he made a driving automation system compatible with both Windows and Linux. His most recent work was at Smart System Institute in the National University of Singapore. He was a researcher with a quality experience.
- Research Enginner
- 2020 Feb – Present・Tokyo
- Managing R & D division in Exawizards India.
- Researcher on optical system for visualizing water and air flow
- Engineer for edge camera software
Smart System Institute in National University of Singapore
- 2017 Apr – 2018 Oct・18 months・Singapore
- Working on an underwater entertainment system and a volumetric display in the water
Siemens Industry Software N.V In Belgium
- 2015 July – 2016 Mar・8 months・Leuven, Belgium
- Worked on two tasks regarding a mobile driving support system (recognition of driving statuses and patterns, test on cross-platform environment).
- Made a driving automation system compatible with both Windows and Linux.
Software Development (C++, Simulink, Matlab, Linux (Debian), cocos2dx)
Rakuten Institute of Technology
- 2014 Aug – 2015 Feb・8 months・Tokyo, Japan
- Researched on novel shopping support systems.
- Applied for a patent, submitted two projects to international conferences. Palette POVeye
Physical Computing (spectroscope), Image processing, UI/UX design
2weeks US Workshop 2014 by Recruit Holdings (MIT Media Lab, Silicon Valley etc.)
- UI/UX team member
- 2014 Mar・2 weeks・MIT Media Lab, Silicon Valley, Vice NY etc, USA
- Improved a photo album application, surveyed the demand and the usability.
Growth Hack (Need survey, Usability evaluation, UI/UX design)
- Project Manager
- 2012 Oct – 2013 May・8 months・Cebu, Philippines, and Kagawa, Japan
- Managed web engineers in the Philippines, etc.
Project Management (Progress management, Quality control)
- 2012 Jul – 2012 Sep・3 months・Cebu, Philippines
- Built a web service to compare English schools in the Philippines with others
Exploratory IT Human Resources Project 2010 (MITOU)
- Chief Developer
- 2010 Dec – 2011 Oct・11 months・Kagawa, Japan
- Developed a framework and sensors to visualize radiation and electricity, and obtained the grant money (16, 200 dolls)
Product Management, Software Development(C++, AR, OpenCV, OpenGL, ROOT)