- Shogo Yamashita, Shunichi Suwa, Takashi Miyaki, Jun Rekimoto, “Water Flow Measurement for Swimmers using Artificial Food-grade Roe as Tracer Particles”, The 5th International ACM In Cooperation HCI and UX Conference(CHIuXiD 2019), April 8-9, 2019, Bali, Indonesia. (Accepted)
- Shogo Yamashita, Shunichi Suwa, Takashi Miyaki, Jun Rekimoto, “Investigation of Tracer Particles Realizing 3-Dimensional Water Flow Measurement for Augmented Swimming Training”, The 9th Augmented Human International Conference(AH2018), Article No. 2, 9 pages, February 7-9, 2018, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
DOI: 10.1145/3174910.3174918 Organizer: IEIE sigAH (ICPS published by ACM)
[Best Paper Award]
- Shogo Yamashita, Shunichi Suwa, Jun Rekimoto, “AquaPrism: Dynamically Changing the Color of Aquatic Animals without Injury by Augmenting Aquarium”, The 4th international conference on Animal-Computer Interaction(ACI2017), Article No. 11, 9 pages , November 21-23, 2017, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom.Project Page
DOI: 10.1145/3152130.3152138 Organizer: ACM and SIGCHI In-Corporation
[Best Paper Award]
- Shogo Yamashita, Xinlei Zhang, Takashi Miyaki, Jun Rekimoto, “Visualizing Water Flows with Transparent Tracer Particles for a Surround-Screen Swimming Pool”, The 8th Augmented Human International Conference(AH2017), Article No. 2, 10 pages, March 16-18, 2017, Mountain View, CA, USA. Project Page
DOI: 10.1145/3041164.3041171 Organizer: ACM In-Corporation.
- Shogo Yamashita, Xinlei Zhang, Takashi Miyaki, Jun Rekimoto, “AquaCAVE: An Underwater Immersive Projection System for Enhancing the Swimming Experience”, The 26th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2016) and the 21th Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2016), pp25-28, December 7-9, 2016, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. Project Page
DOI: 10.2312/egve.20161430 Organizer: ACM In-Cooperation, ACM SIGGRAPH
[Best Short Paper Award]
- Ayako Yano, Hiroyuki Ikegami, Kayo Mouri, Chisato Mouri, Shogo Yamashita, Hideki Tenzou, “A TANGIBLE AUGMENTED REALITY SYSTEM TO SUPPORT COMPREHENSION OF RADIATION SHIELDING”, 12th International Conference on Radiation Shielding and 17th Topical Meeting of the Radiation Protection and Shielding Division of the American Nuclear Society, September 2012, vol. 4, pp.565-568.
[Best Paper Award in Visualization and User Interface Session ]
- Shogo Yamashita, Ayako Yano, Chisato Mouri, Hideki Tenzou, “An AR Radiation Field Visualization System for Monitoring Neutron Activation Sources”, 2nd International Symposium on Technology for Sustainability, November 2012, vol.1, pp.453-456.
- Kohei MOTOKI, Shogo YAMASHITA, Hideki TENZOU,
“An Augmented Reality System for Education in Radiation Protection”,
3rd International Symposium on Technology for Sustainability, November 2013, vol.1 pp.112-113.
- 山下 聖悟, 諏訪 俊一, 味八木 崇, 暦本 純一, “水泳体験を向上させる水中没入型バーチャルリアリティ環境: AquaCAVEの設計と実装“, 日本ソフトウェア科学会 コンピュータソフトウェア. May 2018, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 52-63.
Peer-reviewed poster, demo
- Shogo Yamashita, Shunichi Suwa, Takashi Miyaki and Jun Rekimoto, “Water Flow Measurement Technology Assessing Spatial User Interaction in an Underwater Immersive Virtual Reality Environment“, IEEE VR’ 18 (Demo)
- Shogo Yamashita, Akira Matsuda, Natsuki Hamanishi, Shunichi Suwa, Jun Rekimoto, “Demulti Display: A Multiplayer Gaming Environment for Mitigating the Skills Gap”, 11th International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interactions (TEI2017 WIP), March 2017, pp.457-463. Project Page
- Shogo Yamashita, Xinlei Zhang, Jun Rekimoto, “AquaCAVE: Augmented Swimming Environment with Immersive Surround-Screen Virtual Reality“, Proceedings of the 29th Annual Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST 2016), October 2016, pp.183-184 Project Page
[Best Poster Award]
- Shogo Yamashita, Adiyan Mujibiya, “Palette: Enhancing E-Commerce Product Description by Leveraging Spectrophotometry to Represent Garment Color and Airiness”, Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2015), April 2015, pp.1597-1602. Project Page
- Shogo Yamashita, Adiyan Mujibiya, “POVeye: enhancing e-commerce product visualization by providing realistic image based point-of-view”, Proceedings of the 6th Augmented Human International Conference (AH 2015), March 2015, pp.199-200. Project Page
- Shogo Yamashita, Xinlei Zhang, Jun Rekimoto, “Projection-based Immersive Pool for Advanced Swimming Experience”, 1 st Asian Workshop on User Interface (AUI 2016), October 2016.
- 山下聖悟, 張シンレイ, 暦本 純一, “AquaCAVE : 水泳体験を向上させる水中バーチャルリアリティ環境“, 24th Workshop on Interactive Systems and Software (WISS 2016), December 2016.
- Shogo Yamashita, “AR System to Visualize Radiation Fields in a Draft Chamber”, 2012 Japan-Taiwan Symposium on Intelligent Green and Orange
[Excellent Presentation Award in Green Technology Category]
AWARDS AND GRANTS
- Best Paper Award
AH2018 (The 9th Augmented Human International Conference)
- Best Paper Award
ACI2017 (The Forth International Conference on Animal-Computer Interaction)
Individuals or groups who have won academic achievements, and thus serve as a role model for other students. In addition, individuals or groups who received critical acclaim in the academia and thus enhanced the honor of the University
- III/GSII Dean’s Award (The best student award of the Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies)
Received a graduation certificate as a representative of the graduating students in the completion ceremony.
- Best Short Paper Award
ICAT-EGVE2016 ( the 26th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence and the 21st Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments)
UIST2016 (the ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology)
National Institute of Technology gives the prize to students, who made a good result (4/ 52,200 students) by National Institute of Technology in Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Academic Grand Prize: JASSO Students of the Year (4, 857 dollars)
JASSO gives selected students grants every year. This is best prize in research results category by Japan Student Service Organization in Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- JST Basic Research program ACT-I Acceleration Phase (200,000 dollars)
In Acceleration Phase, support up to 10 million yen per year for up to 2 years.
- Research Fellowship for Young Scientists DC2 (accepted) (2,000 dollars mostly scholarship + around 10,000 dollars research funding for a year)
Awarded to excellent young researchers, these fellowships offer the fellows an opportunity to focus on a freely chosen research topic based on their own innovative ideas. Ultimately, the program works to foster and secure excellent researchers.
[2018 Apr – 2020 Mar]
- JST Basic Research program ACT-I (30,000 dollars)
ACT-I is to consist of original and challenging proposals and its research endeavors are expected to attain high quality developments by the international standards over the coming decades. It will promote informatics research toward state-defined strategic objectives that is likely to generate new values necessary for scientific and technological innovations.
[2017 Oct – 2019 Mar]
- Tobitate! (Leap for Tomorrow) Young Ambassador Program (20,700 dollars)
Tobitate! (Leap for Tomorrow) Study Abroad Initiative is led by Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) that aims to help all young Japanese eager and capable take the first step toward studying abroad.
[2017 Apr – 2018 Mar]
- Research grant from Graduate Program for Social ICT Global Creative Leaders (GCL) (6,000 dollars)
From The University of Tokyo Program for Leading Graduate Schools
- Harashima Young Researcher’s Award (1,000 dollars)
From Electric and Electronic Information Science Foundation (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation)
- Doctoral Research Cooperation Program at the University of Tokyo (3,000 dollars)
From the University of Tokyo
- HAYAO NAKAYAMA Foundation Grants for International Exchanges (2,000 dollars)
From HAYAO NAKAYAMA Foundation for Science & Technology and Culture (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation)
- Grants for Attendees at International Conferences from NEC C&C FOUNDATION（2,000 dollars）
This grant is intended to provide travel expenses for the participants attending the international conferences to be held abroad, regarding C&C field technology.
- Research Fellowship for Young Scientists DC1 (accepted) (2,000 dollars mostly scholarship + around 10,000 dollars research funding for a year)
Awarded to excellent young researchers, these fellowships offer the fellows an opportunity to focus on a freely chosen research topic based on their own innovative ideas. Ultimately, the program works to foster and secure excellent researchers.(Refused to accept for studying abroad)
[from 2017 April]
- Project Fund V1, V2, Spring Funders Program by Division of University Corporate Relations (4,000 dollars)
The mission of the Division of University Corporate Relations (DUCR) is to increase accessibility to University of Tokyo research and, in order to build a foundation of mutual cooperation, to offer proactive support to both domestic and foreign industry.
- Omorishozou scholarship (36,000 dollars)
from a public scholarship foundation of Omori Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Vulcanus in Europe 2015 (15, 540 dollars)
Selected students get to go to Europe to study the local language, and to have a working experience by EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation in Institute for International Studies and Training
[2015 Apr – 2016 Mar]
- MITOU Exploratory IT Human Resources Project 2010 (16, 200 dollars)
Exploratory IT Human Resources Project (The MITOH Program) is for actively identifying and developing outstanding persons with creativity who can play key roles in creating next-generation IT markets by Information-technology Promotion Agency in Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Number: PCT/JP2015/059995, “DISPLAY CONTROL SYSTEM, DISPLAY CONTROL DEVICE, DISPLAY CONTROL METHOD, AND PROGRAM” , Grant Date: 16/11/2016 (Internal patent in Japan), Publication Date: 06/10/2016 (International patent)
Internal Patent in Japan
- Japanese Patent Application No. 2018-095554 , “照明装置”, Application Date 17/05/2018
- Japanese Patent Application No. 2018-12298 (2019-13324), “3次元流体計測法”, Application Date 29/12/2018
- Number: 5120984, “タイムカプセルシステム及びタイムカプセル”, Grant Date: 02/11/2012